Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Good news

With all the negativity and worry that surrounds being recalled to Active duty, having to worry about a reduced income and losing your job ranks up there close to the top. Even though there are laws that technically protect your job until you get back they do not require the company to support you while you are gone, and rightfully so. So it came as an answer to prayer when I found out the details of Aon's Military Leave policy. Most companies go so far as to support your transition to active military service by giving you the difference in your pay compared to your military base pay for 30 days. I'd rather not go into details, but I can say that Aon's policy has gone above and beyond to make sure that my family and I are taken care of while I am away. In the age of cost cutting and greedy corporate scandals, the fact that Aon is extending the benefits that they are speaks volume of their concern for their reservist employees. Special thanks go out to my direct supervisor Delores Stimpson for her help in this time, and her challenging me in my personal and professional life. I would also like to thank my team members on the ARS-IT PMO for their support and encouragement.

john