Friday, July 30, 2004

Processing time...

One of the things you learn when you join the military is how to be patient, and how to deal with downtime, and inconvenience, and .... I'll stop there.  We have arrived safely at our processing destination and have been going through the mobilization stations.  The main things are medical issues.  Everyone gets a top to bottom review and visit with the doctor.  This no doubt takes a lot of time on its own, much less when you have a substantially larger group like we have.  All is good though I can't complain I have had some time to take it easy off of my feet, waiting in line. 

CBS2 has a video of our departure day on the internet.  Go to this URL http://wbbm.dayport.com/launcher/6562/?tf=video_player.tpl

Click on the link in the right hand window, you may have to scroll down quite a bit.  It is titled Chicago says goodbye to Navy Reservists or something like that.  It might not be up there for ever, I would imagine they would take it down after a week or so.

Thanks again for the emails I have been getting.  I will write back when I have time.

Take care,
john