Saturday, August 21, 2004

Gooooooooooood Morning KNB!!!

Hello everyone, sorry it has been sooooooo long since my last post I hope you haven't given up on me. A lot has happened since my last post. We've been through combat training in Virginia, at which time access to the internet was extremely limited so I was not able to post then. With the passing of hurricane Alex the weather got extremely nice, and temperate. Not too cool and not to hot. It was perfect no humidity... it really helped during that time, though not as much for over here in Kuwait. More on that later. In other news, my wife Shanon gave birth to our baby girl Lauren Kayla on saturday August 14th, at 2:51 pm. I was able to come home for 5 days to be with her through the labor and delivery of our beautiful baby girl. It did make leaving a little harder though. We have some great pictures and as soon as Shanon gets them uploaded to Yahoo! I will make a public foto album and provide the link here.

I did arrive in Kuwait as of the 19th of August, and let me tell you it is hot here... it like a furnace...or standing in front of a cooking oven with the door open. I've been acclimating as much as I can as quickly as I can.

It is about 4:30 in the morning over here. I am going to head back to bed for a couple hours before I get up for breakfast. Will write more later.

take care,
john