Monday, November 29, 2004

BRRRR!!!!!!

When I packed for this deployment, I had never been to Kuwait. I was told to expect BLAZING hot heat, like you were standing in front of a kiln with a fan on. It never happened. So I didn't pack all of my warm clothes like sweatsuits and jeans and sweatshirts. So I've been making due with the sweatshirts my wife has sent and the plastic windpants that I have. Boy it sure is cold around here. Yesterday it didn't get above 50 I think, and this morning it was about 36 out. BRRRRRR it is cold. Not that anywhere in the MidWest is any warmer right now, but there I have things that help me deal with it, like my nice warm winter jacket, with my nice warm winter gloves and long underwear.....I work the night shift...it sure is going to be a long shift if it keeps this cold.