Monday, October 11, 2004

Gas Gas Gas... :)

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a whle. My schedule got kinda changed up and the wireless network here is going through growing pains. For the past few days I was moving equipment between the yards it's a lot of fun and a change of pace from what I was normally doing. The days flew by pretty quick. We had a chemcial release yesterday and like anything else the groups responsible for reporting it took their sweet time. We were moving between the yard and the pier at Ash Shuaiba when we started to smell ammonia, and it smelled like someone had just dumped millions of gallons of Windex, you kno what Windex smells like, well imagine that smell 100x stronger and you get what we smelled yesterday. I betcha that wasn't safe, but about an hour and a half after that there was an alarm and then we were told to stay in our containers or tents wherever we were at. By that time the air had cleared and we could breathe normal again. Not to worry they do provide us with paper masks and gas masks and we can use them if we feel individually believe the air quality is poor enough and dangerous enough. Nice to know that atleast we control our own destiny when it comes to that. Other than that things are pretty slow around here, it's hot and humid today. Really humid. I've started working out, and probably should have started since I got here but you know how it is. I'm doing my best to keep it up. We have a Physical Fitness Assessment coming up in November so I have to be ready for that, but I should be working out for my own sake, not just the assessment.

Take care
john