Sunday, February 06, 2005

BLACKFIVE: The Latest From "Mayhem Six" - 2/24 Marines in Iraq

I was sitting in the chow hall today at breakfast (lunch actually but because of my schedule it is breakfast for me :) and seeing the number of Marines that are here, and thinking about one of my closest friends who is in Iraq right now. The unit that he is with is mentioned in the article I've linked below. LtCol Smith from the 2/24 has on a regular basis sent out emails to the families of the 2/24 about their Marines. These warriors have fought valiantly for the Iraqi people, and the determination shown in this article I have found no where else in the mainstream media. It is a pity that they cannot be recognized on the national scale for their efforts. The caliber of leadership found in the Marine Corps, I have not found elsewhere.

My friend and I were mobilized around the same time and I remember those days and weeks before we left, and the time we spent together talking about these very events. He and I will both be home soon and will have more stories to talk about, but time together will mean that much more for the experiences that we've had.

IT3

BLACKFIVE: The Latest From "Mayhem Six" - 2/24 Marines in Iraq