Friday, September 24, 2004

Gadget of the Day

I'm going to throw a curveball here, since this blog is all about me and things that interest me it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't talk about gadgets. Ask my wife...she'll tell you, sometimes she feels like a gadget widow she says... but it's not true. Anyhow here's something that's near and dear to my heart. Nextel phones. I love Nextel, the service where I am at is great, I love the direct connect features and the rugged phones, (since I tend to drop mine :D again ask my wife about it :) ) Anyhow today's gadget is the new Nextel i325 phone. It a rugged cell phone that operates on the Nextel iDen 800mHz frequency. It has all the standard Nextel services, web, direct connect, java apps. This version includes a color screen and the new Direct Talk service. Here is a link to the Nextel i325.

Basically the Direct Talk feature allows you to communicate with other radios on a public service band called ISM. This is available in the US, it is monitored by emergency response personnel, and can be used for situations where you find yourself lost in the wilderness, or for accidents on the highway, or when you want to reach another Direct Talk user, outside of normal Nextel coverage area. Check out more information regarding Direct Talk at Nextel.com

Take care
IT3