Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

To all those who read this blog. Merry Christmas!!!! Over Christmas eve, and Christmas Day we had a series of thunderstorms. It was pretty wicked about 0430 this morning when I went to start my laundry, unfortunately there was no water. No laundry. I was able to start it later today which is a good thing. FWD Bravo Master Chief, and Port Element Master Chief came by about midnight and dropped off Christmas presents. Then after that one of the Chiefs from Port Element came by and dropped off anothe gift for the each of us from all the Chiefs here. I was able to talk to Shanon for a little bit this morning. I'll get to see her and Lauren tonight, Fox News is sponsoring a Video Teleconference with some of the people from Chicago CHB7. It will be good to see her and Lauren. Shanon posted some pictures from Christmas Eve with her and Lauren, mostly Lauren. She's getting so big, and has so much personality already, she's so cute. Then again I am biased she's my kid :) I miss not being there for her fist christmas, but she's getting pretty spoiled by everyone so it's ok. I'll get to see her tonight. Shanon takes lots of pictures so we'll always have the memories. If you would like to see pictures of her go here Lauren Christmas Pictures.

Being here though makes this Christmas memorable, because of all the work that has been done to make it a special time of year for us. It could be just another day in Kuwait, but today we took a group photo, yes in the rain. Our MWR building has Christmas music playing and goodies to snack on. There is a Christmas Tree and all the decorations. We'll have food cooking later on, some turkey and other side dishes. Each of us has gotten Christmas cards from people back home. Some of those we know and some of those we don't know. The American People in general have supported us greatly with numerous care packages, and have kept us well supplied. I am amazed at what you are able to continually send us. It says a lot about those back home. We have bags of cookies, and snacks, and toiletries, and candy, and games etc. We're collecting our extras and dispersing them to troops who don't have as much, and to those who are in need here. I received a box of cookies that, not the one from my mom, but one from someone else who I didn't know. I have shared that with my tentmates. I also shared with the Foreign Nationals who work around the base. They appreciated it.

This Christmas will be one of the most memorable for me. I do wish to be home for this time of year, but this Christmas has been special in its own right.

Take care, Merry Christmas!!!
john